Friday, October 3, 2008

That Indian Couple had the Cutest baby Girl


Yesterday, Nick and I took the kids to the strip to meet Nick's sister and parents (they were here staying in a hotel attending an optometry conference). We met them at a cool tapa restaurant right on the strip attached to the Fashion Show mall. One of my least favorite things to do with my children right now is to take them to restaurants. They are at the WORST possible age. Anyway, we knew the grandparents would want to see the kids so we didn't get a babysitter. This made for a long, sticky, germy, teary, loud night.
Now, Nick knows I think the strip is just an entire germ capsule carrying meningitis, and HIV, and I really don't like touching anything along it, so of course I hate my kids being there. In fact, I was holding Easton at one point, and this old guy comes up and tries to hold him, I immiediatly pull back and say he's shy and doesn't like strangers. Then I go tell Nick about it.
Well, to make a long story short. Nick and his parents and sister were in the mall after we had eaten, and I decided I wanted dessert, so I left them with the kids and ran to get a chocolate cake. The cake ended up taking 20 minutes, and by the time I got back I had been gone almost a half hour (not worth it). As I am coming down the escalator, I see this Indian couple holding a really cute little girl, and think to myself...cute baby. Then I realize IT IS MY BABY. Nicks dad is getting a chair massage, Nick's mom is in Starbucks trying to find napkins to clean up the babies who Nick had just fed a shake to (their third shake of the night), and Nicks sister is standing there trying not to bust up at the look on my face when I see whats going on. Nick procedes to tell me that these people holding my child were not strangers. Apparently they had been talking to them for 15 minutes, and in Nicks words "formed a great relationship". I guess good enough to hand his child off to them. Who does this sort of thing???? Its fair to say, I was not PLEASED with last night. Great to see the fam though.

12 comments:

Erin said...

That is the funniest story I have ever heard! Who does this sort of thing? I have to admit, I don't care, if there's someone interested in helping me with my kids (especially if it means I get to get a massage) I'm going to let them. Besides, a few minutes with my kids and if they decided to take them I'm sure they'd bring them back.

kimbo said...

Wow! I never really understand strangers asking to hold my children, as nice as they may seem.

pamo said...

so so funny. nick is really ridiculous sometimes.

Shaul Family said...

Okay, that is funny. I so wish I was a fly in there, just to see your face. How funny. Ok, so I need help with my blog. I finally have the 3 column thing going, but my header is having issues. How are you guys? I'm hoping maybe we can do pics next Saturday.

Shaul Family said...

Ok, check my scrapbook now. I'm getting better. Looking like yours...

Shaul Family said...

I was so joking about the photoshop thing. Just glad to get started somehow. I actually want photoshop still, so hopefully.... How are you guys?

Amanda said...

wow we heard the story and hear they looked Afghani rather than Indian which makes it even funnier! We're sad we missed out

Pettin'Tales said...

Someday ask Jim about the bimbo in Smith's that I found holding Luke in the check out line while Tyson and I went to grab some last minute items. I TOTALLY agree with you, I wasn't cool with it either. PS there a few baby/toddler things to do on the strip. The Secret Garden at the Mirage, Lions at the MGM, and the water show at the Bellagio (which my kids are never up late enough to see). Strip sucks for babies.

Heidi said...

NIIIIIICE! My mom makes "friends" like that ALL the time! Although I Have to tell you, I was on the opposite end of that spectrum at Disneyland...a dad was holding this screaming baby - and he was CLEARLY at his whits ends - baby's mom was on a ride - so I offered to help - baby just needed someone who wasn't stressed out to hold him...stopped crying immediately - and the dad was very thankful, but yah - the mom came back a little freaked out! LOL!

CUFFS said...

Love your blog, very cute! E-mail your e-mail and I’ll invite you to my blog. natashacuff@hotmail.com And that story is hallrious about the Indian couple! I'd kill Damien!

Natalie said...

Your blog is way cute. i laughed pretty hard when i read this because i just read your previous post too...

Natalie R.

Lynn said...

Ok, I get the freakout - you weren't there to do a handoff and hadn't met them, but half the fun of having a cute kids is that others love them. We have pictures of my granbaby in the arms of people from all over the world (parents were also all over the world) and I think it shows she's a cool kid. We all love them you know! Darcia