Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our Weekend

Well, we woke up this morning to a CHILL!!! We went from a hundred degree weather to 50's in a days time. I was freezing, and so were my kids. After living in such warm climates for the past 5 years, I found I was very unprepared for this. Miyah doesn't even have a jacket, or long sleeved shirt! The only thing I found for her to wear was her brothers long sleeved onesie.
I decided we needed to go clothes shopping, so I took the kids to the outlets (an outdoor mall). I put Miyah in a size 6 month green camouflage jacket of Easton's, and took off. Two people asked me if I had twin boys. I explained why Miyah was dressed like a boy to the first person, then lied to the second person and said that I indeed had twin boys. Well, after freezing for two hours, I came home empty handed and stressed! There was nothing! Everything was overpriced and ugly! Besides being poorly dressed, Easton and Miyah both drank large sippies on the way to the mall, and pee'd right through their diapers in the first ten minutes of being out, so not only were they freezing, but they now had wet pants on, which resulted in no pants. I was carrying Miyah around with a blanket wrapped around her as an outfit.
Anyway, I did score one good deal today. Just last night I was searching around the internet, and putting a Christmas list together for the babies. One thing I had decided on was a bounce and spin zebra because I knew it was something Easton would especially love. I had seen the commercials, and Nick and I both commented on how Easton would love the toy. Anyway, I searched and found several last night, and the best price was $45, so I added to the list. Well then today I did something I had NEVER done before, and went to a community garage sale for the heck of it, and to my surprise, what is one of the first things I saw??? Nothing other then the bounce and spin zebra a woot woot!!!!! I looked at it, and it looked brand new! The lady said it had only been used once (which I'm sure was a lie), but it truly looked like it had only been used once. I asked how much, and she said five dollars, so I took it! Then I came home and spent an hour rubbing it down with bleach, but after that, I had the two happiest kids in the world!!!

9 comments:

pamo said...

so cute on the zebra.
and we woke up to snow today.

Mindy said...

How fun, but I thought they were getting the zebra for Christmas. Easton's teeth are so cute, he looks different with them.

Shark said...

What a great find! Those two look so cute with their new Zebra.

Jessie said...

How ironic...I just bought the zebra at my neighbor's garage sale for $5!!! James is still a bit too young for it, but Henry likes to give it a ride.

I agree about the overpriced clothes right now!

Pettin'Tales said...

Dude, I'm telling you sometimes it's work but garage sales are great. (tip: find grandparent garage sales, the stuff is hardly used at all) Clothes tip: I buy Tyson's clothes (which will be Lukes the next year) a year ahead. So right now I'm buying for next summer, last end of winter/spring I bought for this fall. You find great stuff for super cheap. I also like TJ maxx clearance. My latest finds a little track jacket thing with the original tags that said $130 I got it on clearance for $5. I also found Ty a sweet Braves outfit for next summer, original tags $46 I paid $5.

Skinner Family said...

Hey you guys! I was checking out Cami's twins and then thought i would check out Kalei's page too....and i see you two!!!! Your kids are adorable. And i love the story about the indian couple. you may have to explain that one again to me sometime. Anyway you two look awesome and your kids are beautiful. I am adding you to my page to keep checking you out!!!! Love you guys

kalei and jake said...

Such Happy kids, it's the cutest thing! They are getting so big I can't believe it and Myah's hair is getting so long, she's adorable. Can't wait til you guys live closer so we can see you more often. Unfortunately it is a lot colder here, but it'll be so worth it!

Jennifer B said...

Well let's just say I am proud of you for braving the community sale. Even better that you found something that you wanted/needed for an awesome sale!! I love finding deals, but then you already know that. =)

Lynn said...

Oh, your kids are becoming so grown up. I really want to see them. Hope you'll stop by when you come to Utah. Darcia