Thursday, October 16, 2008

Newborn Baby

Our house is boring. I can tell the babies are getting bored with their surroundings. We really don't go out much. I find it easier for me to just stay home with them. All of our friends have the wonderful toy rooms with toys galore. I must be a bad mom, and I don't want a bunch of toys to clutter my house. When we move into the new house, that will be a different story. The babies will have their own play room. I'm currently in the process of purchasing several larger toys for my children. They'll probably have to wait till Christmas to get most of them, but anyway. While Easton was still down for a nap, Miyah and I were looking for something to do, so we decided to pretend she was a new born baby again. I grabbed a blanket and swaddled her up in it, feet tucked in and everything, then I found one of her tiny binkies and gave it to her (surprised she took it since I took the babies binkie's away at 5 mo. again-mean mom). Then, we laid her down on the couch, just like we used to do with her, so I could keep an eye on her and see her at all times. I never dared leave her anywhere that I could not see her for the first little while. She played along well.

4 comments:

Shark said...

How cute! Did she actually suck on the binkie and how long did she stay put? Be glad you have those little ones to help pass the time with you.

Heidi said...

haa! how cute! I bet you MISS those days? I thought you were going to make an announcement or something!

Why do you guys keep moving? Coming back any time soon?

Mindy said...

I remember when she was just a teeny tiny little thing and used to lay on the couch and suck her binky so peacefully like that. How cute.

Jennifer B said...

I just did something similar with Marshall. I was showing Paris how the baby was in my big ol belly, by putting Marshall in a fetal position. It looks like Mia did better than Marshall.