Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2 offers on 2 houses in 2 days

We got an offer on our home yesterday, the offer was a real kick in the crotch. The people offered $165,000 which is exactly $200,000 less then we paid for our home 3 years ago. Not only that, but the people then had the balls to ask for our fridge and us to pay closing costs. I think there is about only one more thing they could of asked for, but I won't go into that. Anyway, after we got that offer, I told Nick that if our house here was worth only $165,000 then our AZ house was only worth $65,000. Funny I said that, because the same day, an offer came in for that house for $73,000, so I was not far off. The good news in the AZ offer is that we are only losing $156,000. If we sale the AZ house for $73,000, I want everyone out there to know that, that is less than my parents paid for their first home around 30 years ago. I bet no one ever expected to see homes so inexpensive again. What makes it even more interesting, is if the Az house is sold for $73,000, that would make it around $54 a square foot. I was once told that houses would never drop below $80 a square foot. In six months it could be possible that our home is only worth $50,000, and I would dare say my grandparents 50 year old home was more than that. With all this being said, no biggie for us, we are millionaires and all this is just pocket change:)

13 comments:

pamo said...

so are you accepting the offers?

pamo said...

the above comment as well as this one is shark 199. I'm using pamo's computer.

Elle said...

We are still figuring that out

pamo said...

this is the real pamo.

and yikes!!!

Mindy said...

Wow, a kick in the crotch is right! Sure wish I was in the market for a home in AZ, I can't believe how much the value has dropped.

Erin said...

That's crazy! My sis-in-law has had her house up for sale for 8 months in AZ and not even one bite yet and it's a great house! So I guess somethings better than nothing (if you want the glass-half-full outlook). Good luck!

shaultnt said...

Holy cow. That is crazy. Let me know what you decide. I'm sorry. Call me or I'll call you later today

Jenny o said...

Hi Michelle- I was so happy to get your comment on my blog! Your twins are THE cutest! It is so fun to see what you have been up to!

Heidi said...

WTH?! If you accept it you're CRAZY! If you're "okay" taking that little amount, you should list it for $99,999 - at at least get another 12K out of it - anything under 100K is going like gangbusters here...don't be crazy!

FrankNApril said...

Gosh!
That is AWFUL!
How sad is that! I didn't realize just how bad the market really is!!! Sorry to hear! Good luck! April

Chloe said...

I'd tell you how much your houses would be worth in England, but you might cry - do I ever wish i could buy a house in the US right now!

Jennifer B said...

Argh!! That sucks!! What do you do???

Jamie said...

Hi Michelle-this is Jen's sister Jamie. She told me I had to check out your blog and I'm so glad I did. I have boy/girl twins too! You are a great digi scrapper! I'll have to check back!