Sunday, July 13, 2008

Images of Hope

A great thing is being done about the bland walls, and the somewhat Eire feel that can be felt when visiting a struggling baby or babies in the NICU. I can say first hand that it can be very difficult to keep hope while watching your small sick baby try to survive. You feel as if your baby will never come home.
Not anymore, not in Las Vegas. The March of Dimes, and a local photographer are making changes to the NICU's in Las Vegas, and Easton and Miyah got to be a part of this. Images of Hope is well on it's way, and the first hospital (UMC) is almost ready. There will be pictures of babies that were born early, or were in the NICU due to defects or abnormalities, that now live wonderful healthy lives, and continue to thrive daily.
Yesterday we had the opportunity to attend a second photo shoot at Red Rock Canyon. I also did my own little photo shoot with the babies See Here
To see what the walls will look like when finished you can look at a hospital in another state that did something similar. See Here
To see a picture from their first photo shoot, See Here

6 comments:

Jessie said...

What a neat concept! I can't wait to see your pictures!

The Herzog Family said...

That is awesome that your beautiful babies get to be a part of something so great.

Mindy said...

Oooh so cute! I love how Easton looks with his hair styled. The wall will be neat.

Pettin'Tales said...

Awesome Michelle! I can't wait to see it when it's finished! They babies looked great, and you took some great pics!

Jennifer B said...

That is so great. I love the idea. There is nothing worse than losing hope. If these pics can help even one family then it would be sooo worth it. I think it is awesome you can participate!

shaultnt said...

Those are some cute pictures. I love the bow. Where did you get it? I have to get Tatum one too. I so need to come over and have a pamper night again soon. Miss ya