Thursday, July 24, 2008

Funny Blog

I saw this on my friend Kim's blog, and this is the first time I had seen this. So here is a link for everyone who visits my blog to checkout. I'm a little jealous this person thought of this idea before me, however, I don't have the time to waste doing something like this anyway. I think this blog is pretty funny though. My favorite part on her post today, "I'm seriously thinking about going private". That is sooooo funny because, I was just thinking about how every blog I look at now days says, "time to go private". I wish just one person would change the wording. When and if I do "go private", I will say something like, "blog is only open to those invited", or something to that effect. Time and private are the two words that bug me. For everyone who is "only open to invited readers", I know you all have reason's why, some of them kind of scary, so don't be offended by this post! I'm just bitter about having to take the 2 extra seconds to type in my user name and password.
Nick thought this blog was pretty funny, I told him how I fit it. Then Nick said, "no, you don't, you never brag about how good looking or great your husband is". Oh, and my husband isn't in dental or medical school. And I don't have a floating baby, or countdown to baby on my blog. I'm sure I would have if I would have known about those widgets when I was pregnant. Here is a similarity-I am a hairdresser!!! But I haven't read twilight, and I DON'T like the Cheesecake factory.
I think the only thing that needs to be added to her blog is that she likes to digital scrapbook because paper is so out, and she likes photography and owns the Canon Rebel. I would fit that perfect! Every time I think I'm doing something different, I find out every other Mormon girl is doing the exact same thing. Maybe I need to take up Curling, or deep sea fishing, or something.

P.S. I just realized that I really differentiated myself with the Barack Obama Widget. I would be surprised to find another Mormon blog with that on it.

8 comments:

pamo said...

hooray for the obama widget.

Mindy said...

That blog is hilarious. It's very familiar sounding. I think my fav. was the green jell0 "we're pregnant" annoucement. People leave good comments too--Like "make sure that you mention you were on birth control and not even trying." Funny!

kimbo said...

I know, I know. I hate that I had to go private. I feel especially sorry for all those people who can't read my blog anymore. I get tons of email everyday asking to be invited to my blog! :) But my totally hot husband wanted me to do it... and well, he's just too hot to resist! (Truth be told, once I went private he started thinking it would be ok to not go private - MEN! They can't ever make up their minds. :).

kimbo said...

Tell Nick that if it makes him feel better, I'll write about how hot he is on my blog. :)

I think I've figured out why we all write these wonderful, beautiful "oh so blessed!" thins on our blogs. We are only hoping that our old boyfriends/girlfriends or our spouse's girlfriends will come across it and see how awesome our lives are! I mean, come on! I know you stalk your old boyfriends' blogs. I'm pretty sure that's why most people do it and why they DON'T go private. :) Don't know. Could be wrong. Judge for yourself.

Elle said...

Kimbo-Nick would LOVE it if you would blog about him!!!!!! Your blog is one of his favorites to read!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

What if Mitt runs for VP with McCain? Ouch. I need you to add my widget for Obama. Because we are hot mamas for Obama. By the way I haven't read Twilight and I hate cheesecake factory too. Love the honesty. Ash

Nicole said...

My husband and I actually have been looking at this blog lately because it is so hilarious!

Jennifer B said...

You are too funny. I think you are different from most other mormon blogs because most women with twins don't have the time to blog. =) That is true about how life is so great on your blog (OK minus that time I blogged when I was in my first trimester). I think blogs are more interesting when you see real life. If you just log into your blog first then click from your blog to the other blogs you never have to log-in again. Then you probably already knew that. =)