Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We did it!!!!





We have desperately been trying to raise money for March for Babies for the last 10 weeks. We started in early Feb, and we just finished last Sat. We decided to start out with a goal of $500 since this was our first time to raise money for this cause. We sent emails to all of our friends and family 3 different times, and then we sent out paper letters, and made phone calls, dropped hints, you name it. We got very close to our $500 goal by raising $465!!!! We just were not able to get that last little bit despite many attempts, but that's okay, we are sooooo happy to be able to contribute $465 to a cause that our children benefited from. Next time we will take a different approach to try to make our goal, and that definitely won't be through emails. The walk we participated in was great, and we had a lot of fun. On the way home Nick said, "That sure felt good to do that, and to try to help other families and babies not go through the same thing we did". I totally agree. I wouldn't wish a premature baby on Satan (or any baby for that matter). So to all of you awesome friends and family members who donated money to our team, I have to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This event erased some of the sad and painful feelings I still feel when I think of myself not being able to carry my sweet babies longer than 29 weeks. Though I have been told many times there was nothing I could have done, a part of me still tries to put blame on myself. I really don't want to embarrass anyone, but I want to do a personal shout out to the following families who so generously donated money to our team: The Bennett's, The D Beach's, The B Beach's, the Wilson's, the R. Luekenga's, the J. Luekenga's, The Andrus's, The Bowen's, The Peterson's, The Ulshafer's, The Hoover's, The Shaul's, The Wright's, The Combado's,and the Vacherresse Family. We love you and may you never have a premature baby.

4 comments:

pamo said...

meesh, those are two cute kids. it was great to see them yesterday.

shaultnt said...

That's awesome that you had the walk and that you got so close to your goal. Congrats

Jennifer B said...

Geez... that was really sweet. You are a wonderful mama!! Look at the cute baby's you make!!! I think it is awesome that you are helping other families. It seems when you help other people it really does ease your burden.

Heidi said...

Dang have times changed since we did this walk! It was rainy - I raised $42 and there wer no balloons involved! Of course, that was before the computer was invented...so they couldn't generate balloons as easily.

It sure does bring a great feeling on, though!