Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I don't think I look bad at all for 24! The day was great. It started out at 7:45 am when my sister in law Colleen called to wish me a happy Birthday. Next I checked my email and my brother in law and his wife Amanda, had donated to my March for babies team, and I was soooo excited with that gift. It was exactly what I wanted. They had remembered me telling everyone a year ago to just donate money to a charity in my name for my birthday, and this year there was no greater charity to donate to for me. Later Nick met up with me and the kids to do some shopping. We didn't buy anything for ourselves, but we did buy a really great wedding gift for Nick's brother. I also got calls from Josh, Jake, Rich, my brother Bryan, Nick's parents, and my parents. I won't mention any names on who didn't call me Mindy and Brad. Just kidding, yesterday actually made me realize how horrible I was on not calling people on their birthday's. I don't think I've ever called any of you, so thanks guys! Later that night I got the greatest gift from a really good friend here in Vegas, I won't mention her name cause I don't want to embarress her, JENNIFER BOWEN. Anyway, she came and watched my babies while Nick and I went out. You all may not know this, but with the prices of a babysitter out here, that was about a $50 gift, so thank you so much Jen! Nick and I went to a great restaurant here in Vegas called Rosemary's, it was really good. Friday, I will be getting together with some more great friends. What a great birthday!!!!!!!!!


P.S. I have to mention there have been other family members and friends who have donated to our March for Babies team as well, and we really appreciate it. Those have all been great gifts too.

6 comments:

Mike&JenFamily said...

I'm glad you had a good Birthday! I was going to call and see if I could watch the babies but I talked to Jennifer and she had already taken care of you. Please let me come over and watch them for you sometime. Can't wait for Friday, we'll see you than.
BTW-Way cute blog and WOW on the scrapbooking!!

Rich and Miriam said...

Happy Birthday!

pamo said...

happy birthday!

kimbo said...

Happy Birthday!

Mindy said...

Um, I guess if I call on your birthday and you don't answer then it doesn't count. Sorry, I must have called during your romantic dinner. Congratulaions on turning one year younger than me! Must be nice to be younger than your younger sister. Before you know it you'll have to give back your license you'll be so young! Happy Birthday!

Jennifer B said...

You are too funny! I'm glad you had a good time. The baby's were so good. It was nice to just watch TV and not feel like I had to get a ton of stuff done. Happy Birthday ~ again. =)