Monday, March 17, 2008

Lucky

Today is St. Patricks day, and while I prefer to say we have been very blessed, it's a good day to think about our luck. I have never really felt I was a lucky person. I never win raffles or drawings, every time I speed I get pulled over, and I've never even come close to hitting a Jackpot. Recently my luck changed a bit when I won a hair competition, so hopefully I'm on my way to good luck.
Though I've never felt my luck was that great, I've ALWAYS felt I have been EXTREMELY blessed. I have a wonderful husband with a good job. I have a wonderful family, I have wonderful in-laws, and this past year my biggest blessing has been my two beautiful twins. Though everything certainly did not fall in our favor with my pregnancy and the first few months of my babies lives, things have really worked out for the best, and we really have been so blessed,and become much better people. Had my twins not had to endure what they did our testimonies wouldn't be as strong, and our priorities wouldn't have been as straight. In a way, the trials my babies went through, freed me from my own personal torture. I no longer have to worry about the insignificant things that constantly consumed my mind. It sure is nice. I realize people don't change without trials, and I can say I am grateful for the changes I've made due to my trials.


4 comments:

Shark said...

I have to admit, those are two of the best blessings ever, not only for you but the whole family. Those babies have sure brought a lot of joy and happiness!!!!

Jessie said...

You should feel lucky...those are 2 of THE cutest babies I have ever seen!

pamo said...

look at those nice fat babies. i just wish we were healthy when they were around because i'd really like to dive into those cheeks and give them a thousand kisses!!

kimbo said...

Cute babies... I appreciate your thoughts too.