Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who Would Have Thought???

Sorry the picture is going the wrong way, just turn your head and you'll get it. It's really not the picture that matters in this post, but more the story behind it-it's kind of funny.
It would have had to have been at least a year in a half ago that I took this picture, it was definatly pre-pregnancy and my babies are almost 1, so ya a year and a half ago or more. Anyway I sat down one morning in front of my computer as I do every morning, to read the morning news. I always pull up the MSN homepage first. Well this particular day there was an add that said: NEXUS national hair contest enter now. Now if I ever see things that mention hair or hair products, of course I have to check them out. So I did, and I read the rules of the contest were only two things-1. Submit a picture of yourself that shows your hair off well -2. Write no more than 3 sentences telling why you think your hair is great and should win the nations "Best Hair Award". Well, I thought this was simple enough, so I had Nick take a picture of me, (he thought this was really weird) wrote a couple of sentences, attached it all, and pushed send. 6 months later I was pregnant and lounging in the bath feeling like I was going to pop anytime, when I got a phone call. It was NEXUS calling to congratulate me on being the winner of the Nations Best Hair. Well by this time I had completely forgotten I ever entered, and I really didn't take the person serious. Then they told me that they needed my address, phone number, social security number, and I can't remember what else, but of course I said NO! I thought the whole thing sounded shady, and I definatly didn't want my identity stolen! Anyway, after talking to this companies attorney, I decided I was convinced that this was real, and I really was the winner, so I sent in my info. Oh, P.S., I forgot to tell you what the prizes were-1. A 1 year supply of haircare products 2. The opportunity to be the face on the next NEXUS T.V. add. Okay, so several months pass, 9 to be exact, and I never hear anything. At this point I'm pretty sure that I was scammed, and not only do these people have a picture of me, but they have ALL of my personal information. I get pretty concerned about this. Then one day Nick brings in a box from the porch and opens it thinking it's stuff for his work, and he starts pulling out tons, and tons, of haircare products. This was more like a three years supply of products rather then a years worth! So now I'm feeling a lot better about things, and again I forget about the other part of the prize. Okay so another 4 months have passed, and I get another call last week from NEXUS. Basically they told me that they really didn't have any opportunity for me to model in any of their adds at this time, but were wondering if they could send $2500 instead. Of course I said YES! And right now, I'm deciding on how I'm going to spend it! Thanks NEXUS!

Morale of the story: enter contests even if you don't think there's a chance in hell you'll win-hey, you never know.


8 comments:

Shark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrus Clan said...

That is a great story! And yeah for $2500! Hope you can figure out some fun way to spend the money!

shaultnt said...

Congrats. How awesome. I definitely would have thought I was scammed. how funny. Congrats again.

Mindy said...

I forgot about this too, I remember you saying something about it, but I had no idea you won $2500! Hmm...I wonder if there are any contests for people with long, thin wispy hair who should be wearing it short, but continue to try and make it look as those it's thick and luscious!--Because I'm sure I'd win that!

Elle said...

Mindy, your comment is hilarious!

Jennifer B said...

So awesome!! Yeah for you. Can you say Shopping Spree? Congrats. I agree that you have amazing hair. The rest of us just hate you for it. =) Love you darlin. hehehe

pamo said...

i just think this isn't even fair.

Chloe said...

Firstly gorgeous hair - of course thay would pick you! Secondly $2500 - come to England baby! Only not yet as I am in Australia! But you know, you could bank that and come later, or you could wait for me to come out there and we could go see that show you wanted! Ha ha! xx