Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Year, and Resolutions

So it's a new year, and therefore time to make some changes. I've always loved to write, and I've been a good journal writer most of my life, but the last year was such a blur, that I didn't do much journal writing. I'm so mad at myself. If there was ever a year I needed to write down every thought, feeling, and emotion, it would have been last. I did write during my pregnancy while on bed rest, but then everything happened so fast and was so stressful after that.
I have been trying to make up for missed journal entries, and it has been taking me days. But this year is different, I am not going to miss any chances to write things down. The one thing that makes me feel better about my lack of writing is that I have taken hundreds of pictures in the last year, and tried to journal my life a bit through my blog, as well as keeping very detailed and current digi scrapbooks for my children. I am so grateful I learned to digi scrap before I had my babies, and I'm not having to make up for any missed pictures or pages.
At this time last year, I was already counting the weeks, I was only 12 weeks pregnant! so many prayers were being offered. Complications had already begun, but I had no idea what was yet to come. The anticipation of the unknown, and what was really going to happen in the end was almost more than I could handle. For the first time since I was little, time really did feel like it was at a stand still. The days could not go by fast enough. Little did I know what was to come next.

2 comments:

pamo said...

does this mean you'll update your blog more? i love updates.

Elle said...

Yes it does, but hey I thought I did a good job at keeping up! Unlike some people!!