Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophet, Seer, and Revelator



I was so shocked and saddened to hear about the death of president Hinckley last night. This is the first death of a prophet that I remember well (as I was too young to remember the others super well) I do remember president Benson and President Hunter, but I felt I "knew" president Hinckley better as I had seen him speak live in conference, and he had gained much publicity throughout his time as our prophet. I thought he was very funny and witty. He did many great things for our church, and I TRULY morn the loss of this man.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Yeah, I was surprised and saddened too. I guess with his age it shouldn't be so surprising. He was such a sweet, cute old man. I actually remember Pres. Hunter fairly well also-- he was the prophet when I sang at general conf. In fact, I remember the day he died quite vividly.

pamo said...

yes so sad! i don't know what i expected though, he was 97n after all. sad though. milli said "but he took such good care of us."

Elle said...

That is so cute what Milli said

Heidi said...

You know - I was flipping the channels around just after I talked to you - and saw a little tribute on Glenn Beck in his last few minutes on his show on CNN on President Hinckley. go see it http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z58eHBnEHhk - it's just refreshing to see media figures honor wonderful men like President Hinckley while wearing their emotion so close to the surface! Media people are so "into" violent and depressing stories and you can NEVER tell if they actually have feelings one way or another! Anyway - I enjoyed his thoughts. And am heart broken, but excited all at the same time - I wish I could have seen his reunion w/ his wife!

Kate&Van said...

amen elle. i love him so much! after watching the funeral i felt such resolve to be more like him. i think we're so spoiled to have had him as our prophet.