Today my precious babies got their RSV shots. They both screamed their little eyes out. I felt so bad, and then Miyah never did calm down. The whole day Miyah cried and was irritable. Easton had to get two shots because he is so fat. Nick and I wanted to cry. Here is some info about RSV shots I thought was interesting.
1. Children who qualify to have the shot are preemies, and children with breathing problems-this includes asthma.
2. The shot is not a "vaccination", so it caries no side effects.
3. The body starts to rid the shot after awhile, so the babies have to get them once a month.
4. The babies will get the shot every month till their one-Crazy!
5. Upon receiving the shot, the babies only have about a 1% chance of getting rsv.
6. RSV lives on a surface for 12 hours
7. RSV generally doesn't travel through the air, it is contracted when someone touches a baby with infected hands, so if everyone were to always wash or sanitize their hands before touching the babies, they couldn't get it.
8. Each shot costs $1,500
This was all great news to me. Well, except for the last part.