Friday, April 6, 2007

My Crazy Ideas


So every now and then I get in my head I'm going to get really interested in doing something new. A couple of months ago I decided I was going to buy a sewing machine and take a sewing class, and try to become a really good seamstress. Well that kind of died down. Then I decided I was going to buy a piano, and start playing again, maybe take some lessons. I never really found a piano I wanted, and our house is starting to get so stuffed with furniture, so I decided to hold off on that one. So next I all of the sudden got this idea that I really wanted to learn how to work photoshop and start doing digital scrapbooking. On a whim last night I went and bought the photoshop software, and then went and bought a book about working photoshop, and doing some digital scrapbooking. I thought this was going to be easy, but if you have NEVER worked in photoshop before, and don't have a clue on how to work computers other than basically turning them on, then it's a real chore. Anyway, nothing worked like the book said it would, but it did give me a few simple exercises to try. So I now present to you my first project. It only took me 1 full hour to complete! It was the first exercise in the book, and I think it turned out nicely even though I laughed my head off at it when I was done. I am embarrassed to put this on my blog because I know there are many photoshop pro's and artists out there that may look at this, so please don't make fun of me, and just offer me words of encouragement.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm impressed that you were able to do something the very night you started studying up Photoshop! WTG!

You'll get there. It took me almost a month before I read the book and made a page (and it wasn't decent). Keep at it! You'll love it soon enough! Plus, you will be so busy with 2 little ones that digital scrapbooking will be your best bet!

GL!
Jessie

Minks said...

Shoot! I was getting excited about trying this out, but if it is as difficult as you say then I'm in trouble, because you are definitely more crafty than me!